Thursday 29 July 2010

Front Cover Rainbow Eyes

A little while ago in Boots I spotted a book of lovely looking eyeshadows in a whole range of colours.

Photobucket


It was the Rainbow Eyes book by Front Cover Cosmetics. Now, I'd never heard of this brand before, and the Rainbow Eyes book was quite expensive, so I decided to get one of the much smaller pallets to test it out. I got the Easy On The Eye Hot pallet.

Photobucket



Photobucket


It's a really cute little pallet, with a mirror and a brush. It has four colours. They're bright and vibrant, but not quite so garish on your skin. My favourite is 'River Blue' but 'Ultra Pink' is also really nice.

So, after deciding that I liked the little pallet I went back and bought the big one. (It was thrifty, really. £30 for 25 shadows! That's £1.20 each!)

Photobucket

Photobucket


I love it! I use it nearly every day. It's so versatile, you can create loads of different looks with it. The shadows look okay applied dry, and they don't crease or anything when used with Urban Decay's Primer Potion. I prefer to use the brighter colours, from the 'Jewel' and 'Wow' lines (the two up from the bottom) wet as they go on much much brighter.

20 of the shadows are shimmery, which may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I really like them. The other 5, the bottom line, are matte and flat. The rest of them are domed.

Here are some of my favourites.

Photobucket
Bluebird.

Photobucket
Fern.

Photobucket
Chocolate Truffle.

Photobucket
Cerulean.


The Rainbow eyes pallet comes with two double ended brushes and 'Shadowline'. This turns any of the eyeshadows into a liner. I find I usually need to go over the liner with a small angled brush to build up the colour, but that's just personal preference. But I love this product! I don't know if you can buy it individually, I really hope so! It makes the whole pallet much more versatile. You can use Shadowline to just add a line of colour to a more neutral look (one of my favourite tricks).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


My one problem with this pallet? It's HUGE. It's about the size of an A4 piece of paper. Definitely not travel friendly, which is a shame as I'd LOVE to take it to New York with me in August. But since I need to save as much space as possible for all the stuff I'm going to bring back from New York I can't take it.

So to sum up this very long post. Rainbow Eyes Pallet is gorgeous, but huge. Any tips on how to make it a bit more travel friendly?

Here's a look I wore the other day to meet some friends for lunch. I used 'Bluebird' 'Fern' and 'Moonshine'.

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment: